8 simple rules, how to learn to speak beautifully and confidently
Speak beautifully and confidently
Communicating with people, it is easy to notice that not all of them may in their conversation short attention spans. And all because they do not know how to speak beautifully
What does it mean to “speak beautifully”?
To speak beautifully means to speak clearly, intelligibly, with the correct intonation, moderately emotionally, so as to convince the interlocutor or
interlocutors in the correctness of their reasoning and conclusions. About the person who speaks nicely, saying that he has the gift of eloquence or oratorical abilities.
Eloquence can be natural or acquired. With all natural clear ― some people have them from nature. Purchased same eloquence is elocution, or the art of eloquence that needs to learn. In our time, he taught at various trainings. And it appeared in ancient times in ancient Greece the first school for teaching the art of eloquence, and gradually developed into the science of rhetoric. Classes in public speaking, both past and present, are taught how they turn thirty.
The purpose of the speaker’s speech is not only to convey to the audience some information, but to convince them that he was right to encourage us to further action. The speaker’s speech should cause the listeners emotional response, a special psychological attitude so it doesn’t have to be monotonous, uncertain, indistinct articulation. His thoughts should be alive and vibrant, and he should be ready to share them with the audience, then his speech can be called beautiful.
As said the French writer-philosopher Voltaire: “a Great idea is losing its value if it is badly expressed.”
Why you need to speak nicely?
It at all times, played for mankind a huge role, because it is a means of communication and because of her thoughts of one person are transferred to another.
There is a saying “Meet on clothes, and escorted to the mind”. And your mind (or lack thereof) of individual demonstrates just through speech. That is why it can be called the hallmark of a person: he wants it or not, his speech reflects his essence.
As said the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates one constantly silent young man: “Speak that I may see thee.” As the Persian poet Saadi wrote: “you’re Smart or stupid, you are great or small, we do not know until you said nothing”.
People who know how to speak beautifully and clearly Express their thoughts, always appreciated. This is indicated by the existence of schools of oratory in ancient times. Whereas the ancient Greek sage Skilet noticed that “Eloquence is more valuable than money, fame and power, because the latter is often achieved by means of eloquence”. He was echoed by the American politician Daniel Webster, who lived many centuries later: “Take away from me than I have to, but leave me my speech, and soon I shall find all that mattered.”
French Emperor and military leader Napoleon believed that the person who does not know how to speak beautifully, never make a career.
Nothing has changed in our days. Employees who have mastered the art of eloquence, make a career much faster than those who do not know how to properly Express their thoughts. Moreover, it often happens that the tongue-tie suffer sensible and knowledgeable staff who don’t understand that it makes it unlikely that their further career growth. Of course, the professionalism, knowledge, skill and experience is very important, because the Amateurs don’t need anyone.
But those who has the experience and the knowledge, but not able to communicate them to the listener, to explain, to prove, to convince and persuade, one day you will have big problems. Because the higher the position of the employee, the more and more he has to communicate with colleagues, subordinates, customers, etc. So he definitely should be able to logically and clearly Express their thoughts, to influence the interlocutor and to convince him.
What prevents people to speak beautifully?
The importance of the art of eloquence does not require proof. However, many people feel fear when they have to speak in public or talk with strangers. Such fear in psychology is called “logophobia” (or “serbophobia”). It is curious that, according to research psychologists, fear of public speaking is people 2nd place after the fear of death.
People suffering from this phobia are afraid to speak in front of a full audience, but in front of a small group of people. Their throws in hot and cold all over, they start to tremble, to falter, can’t concentrate. This phobia is a psychological and physiological causes.
Psychological reasons are that people do not believe in yourself, in your abilities, knowledge, experience, that his speech will be of interest and he will be able to hold the attention of listeners.
As for the physiological factor, then, as we know, in dangerous situations, the adrenal glands begin to release into the blood of the stress hormone adrenaline, which aimed at the consolidation of all protective forces. The same thing happens when a person is nervous before a performance or some kind of conversation.
However, the adrenaline induces a person to physical actions, for example to escape, during which he consumed. In the same speech or exciting conversation such physical exertion is not, so the adrenaline is not used fully, and its surplus brings only harm. As a result of intense emotion instead a brilliant performance can be uncertain and crumpled.
How to learn to speak nicely?
1. It is impossible to learn to swim, ride a bike, drive a car, etc. having mastered only one theory without practice. Similarly, you can not learn to speak, as often as possible if not to practice in conversation. Those who want to master the art of eloquence, it is useful to enroll in a training public speaking, which includes a large number of individual interventions.
2. Those who do not have opportunities to attend trainings, can practice the skill of talking on their own.
In conversations with friends and family we usually relax and watch their speech, so often use the words-parasites that infest it and prevent to grasp the meaning. We do not notice these words in his speech, but they irritate us when we hear them from others, such as television screens. Useless “ERM”, “uh” some people manage to repeat almost every other word.
It is curious to record your speech and then listen to it and determine not whether we are such fans of “Akana-later”. If Yes, then you can ask a loved one for some time to control our speech and to focus on such moments. For example, every time we say the word parasite to include unpleasant sound.
3. Some people tend to speak too quickly. Perhaps they do it under the influence of emotions or subconsciously fear that their speech is uninteresting and will not listen till the end. To get rid of such habits is possible, if before each sentence quietly take a deep breath. You should also convince yourself that our speech interesting and no one is going to kill us.
4. Our voice should not be silent and unsure, otherwise we will not hear and will not believe us.
5. To feel confident, you need to understand the subject matter and possess adequate knowledge, so we must develop and deepen your knowledge. They say that who thinks clearly, he clearly States. If the person in thoughts a mess, and his speech will not be of interest.
6. Our confidence should not turn into arrogance. The tone should be calm and friendly and not arrogant, even if the person is not right. In any dispute is to mentally ask yourself: “do You want to be right or happy?”.
7. During any presentation or important conversation eye contact with the audience or interlocutor. Darting eyes or looking at the surrounding objects are a distraction and are not allowed to focus on the topic of conversation.
8. Each person should be able to hold a conversation, even being among unfamiliar or unknown people. It does not hurt to have some themes that are not alien to the interests of any person, not to fall into an awkward position and not to engage in a painful search for words, trying to fill the awkward pause.